Having a Forno Colosso Commercial Wood-Gas-Fired-Ovens-hybrid in your home is the start of a new lifestyle. A Forno Classico in your yard or garden will bring your friends and family together while getting you outside in all seasons. Cooking in these ovens forces you to slow down, to reconnect with food and work with the fire and nature. The cooking experience becomes a truly wonderful experience each time you use the oven. You will learn traditional cooking styles, add new flavours to dishes and change the way you think about food forever. And make great pizza while doing it. Yet, Forno Classico wood fired brick ovens are about more than just pizza, even if they are commonly called pizza ovens. They are as versatile as any kitchen oven, and do so much more. Not only can they bake breads, turn out golden vegetables, but cooking next to the open fire brings out unique flavours in every dish. And the smoke infiltrating the food makes the best holiday turkey’s. Forno Classico brick ovens have important cooking advantages. The natural terra cotta used for the cooking floor and dome is unsurpassed in producing and maintaining high temperatures. Our wood fired brick ovens produce the distinctive flavor and unsurpassed crust consistency that is the hallmark of the legendary “Napoletana” pizza. Pizzas cook in one to two minutes. Forno Classico ovens are versatile. Our ovens retain heat over a longer period of time than other commercially available cement ovens. This allows you to “stage” cooking of various foods as the oven cools. That way, you can bake breads, meats and casseroles as the oven gently cools, allowing proper cooking time for your favorite foods and dishes. At Forno Classico we have the “personal touch”. Every oven is hand built brick by brick with every brick custom cut to create the artisanal dome and arch. Oven building is our passion. . . and our heritage.
Price & Specification
|Colosso 80||Colosso 100||Colosso 120||Colosso 140|
|Cooking Floor Dimension||32” Round||40” Round||47” Round||56” Round|
|Pizza Capacity (15”)||Wood (3)
|External Size||46” Round||51'' Round||65'' Round||71'' Round|
Why Buy From Forno Classico?
The Colosso Commercial Wood-Gas-Fired-Ovens-hybrid is better because with our custom hand built all fire brick ovens …
You can cook at high temperatures…1000 degrees if you want…the signature of our custom hand built brick oven made in the Italian tradition of wood fired ovens.
Heat from the wood fire radiates across the floor and oven walls and finally up to the brick dome where the heat is absorbed creating an even temperature of up to 1000 degrees and more if you want.
Once the dome reaches such temperatures the oven floor maintains somewhat cooler temperatures in the 700-800 degree range.
These high temperatures cook pizza quickly…one to two minutes… resulting in a superior crisp top crust and a tasty somewhat puffed bottom crust that is soft and chewy and never soggy.
The signature smokey taste imparted by the wood fire is one of the most important attributes of the wood fired oven and can never be duplicated in a conventional oven.
Crispier vegetable toppings and a smokey, flavorful bubbling cheese topping with just a hint of browning are the hallmark of our wood fired brick pizza ovens.
Our Ovens Are Guaranteed Not To Crack
We use state of the art refractory materials , Insulation and Wire Matrix technology to Maintain the integrity of our Oven’s Construction.
Characteristics Of The Brick Used To Build Our Oven
Our Brick Characteristics
- Made In USA
- High Heat Retention
- High Density
- Natural Material
- No Grease Absorption
- High Alumina Percentage
- Lasts 3 times longer than Refractory cement aggregate
- Hand Made All Refractory Fire Clay Brick Oven
- Hand Built Brick Low Dome Ideal For Napoletana Pizza
- Every Brick Custom Cut
- Keystone Construction For Ultimate Stability and Strength
- 3″ Custom Refractory Fire Clay Brik Cast Cooking Floor
- 5″ Dome Thickness Fire Brick
- High Aluminate Content for Optimum Cooking Characteristic
- Cooking Floor 6” Rigid Insulation
- No Molded Cement Elements
- Stainless Steel Chimney
- Oven Temperature 900-1200+ F.
- 2″ Steel Reinforced Concrete Oven Base
- 6″ State of the Art Refractory Insulation over the Dome and Base
- Granite Hearth
- Steel Door with Thermometer
• Standard door opening: 24 1⁄2 Inches wide x 9 inches high with stylish and functional stainless steel high efficiency doors.
• 48 square inch cooking surface which allows for the preparation of an array of foods - perfect for entertaining
• Hand made fire brick cooking floor and dome for high performance
• Contemporary in style while honoring the cooking characteristics that produce
the distinctive flavor and crust of traditional Italian pizza
• All brick interior is heated by an adjustable flame burner in the rear of the oven floor
• Black granite hearth is standard
• Standard analog thermometer in the oven front monitors the temperature
• Turbo ventilating system circulates the smoke in the oven interior for maximum heat efficiency and performance
• Oven body and gas control panel are integrated within the oven’s steel stand
• Only 1-inch side and back clearance to combustible building materials required • CSA Listed for Commercial installation
• Built in the USA
• Steel Stand with two shelves for wood storage
• Oven features 4 “ insulation blanketing the entire oven.
• 8’ ’ Stainless steel venting
• Mosaic or stucco finish
• Hybrid system gas /wood